Friday 19 November 2010

I thought I would take a moment to update everyone on how the moving process is going for my husband and I. Oh my goodness....it is so stressful!! So we have our flights booked for June 16, 2011 with the intention of leaving here that day to go to Virginia where we would seen family, and then proceed to drive across country to California hitting up a bunch of States and people before we arrive. We haven't gotten to see any relatives since the wedding or even really during our wedding! Only my grandparents could come and not the rest, so we definitely would love to have a reunion before we go live on the other side of the country from them. Leaving this early would also allow us to get settled into Napa Valley, find a church, get jobs lined up, etc before Scott would have to start school. He was planning on starting school in August but because of the green card application process, he has to push it back until January. Not such a bad thing because it means he can work and we can put away from money for when he can't work because of school.

However, we just found out that the green card could potentially take a year (!!!) to process which would mean we wouldn't be able to leave until October 2011. :-( What a set back. I was absolutely devastated when we found that out. So then we looked at what that would mean, us staying here for longer, or if he could be over there on a student visa, etc etc etc etc. When we learned of the green card issues we thought we would only have to push our plans back until the end of August. But then we learned that it would have to be October! Well that just takes a huge junk out of our plans.

But then! When we thought all hope was lost. I found a visa that would allow Scott to come to the States while awaiting the processing of his green card. SO, if all goes as planned, hopefully we can apply for this and leave on June 16th, same as before. That would be absolutely amazing!

BTW, if you are in TN, LA, NM, or AZ and would let us stay with you during out drive in July, please let us know! That would be fantastic!

I know that was a lot of info that no one will probably read, but I thought I would get it all out anyways.

Much love!

Photo of the Day:
Whenever you feel like there's no other way, God always opens something up.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for the update. I wish Ping was working! I miss texting everyday =(

    ReplyDelete